{ Contributes }

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Overwhelmed

Just a quick note since I said I would try to blog more...



There just simply is not enough time in the day. Either that or there is too much I want to do in the short free time I do have. One thing I started doing last week was beginning to exercise more and eat healthier. While I was never really overweight, I could start to see some noticeable pounds and a routine check up at my doctor's this pass Monday confirmed I had gained a bit of weight since the last time I weighed myself. Again, I wasn't getting fat but I was starting to fall down a path that could lead to an unhealthy life style if I kept it going. So I figured it would be better to set putting myself into the right habits now before it got out of control. I've started cutting back on soda greatly, limiting myself to only drinking it with meals in order to get my mind set on the idea of it being a "treat" when I eat and not something to sip on all day long like I have been.

I've also started fighting against the temptation of eating out - which I believe is the main source of the problem. I like cooking but after working all day it is hard to have the motivation to feel like cooking a meal. It also has not helped that I live within a few blocks of plenty of local restaurants. Smelling the delicious food in the air makes it so easy to just disregard my fridge and pick up some local cuisine. However, by cutting back on eating out, will not only make me healthier but also save me money.

I have been trying to exercise but again, I have fallen into the pattern of not having much time. On the average day, I have about three to six hours of time where I'm not working or sleeping. Within that brief window, I have to do everything I want to do and need to do. Like I said, there is too much...

I need to play more of The Darkness II and Resident Evil: Revelations since I am scheduled to write reviews on them both for Royal Flush Magazine. Then on Tuesday, Tales of the Abyss  is released, yet another game I will offer to review. Not only do I need time to play these games, but I also need time to write the reviews themselves.

Then I am getting into a D&D campaign with a few friends. Yet another time-eater...Not to mention I have been trying to get back in the habit of writing a Blogger's Wanted weekly. Especially since I have an idea for this week's topic. And I have been wanting to read more...

Finally, there is my book which I am dubbing "Project Baskerville". (Why? Because it's a goddamn mystery that not even Sherlock Holmes can figure out.) I have all the ideas in my head but I need to start putting together a list of content and making an outline. Not to mention I need to start writing the rough draft...

It's hard to believe we're almost half way through February. PAX is about two months away...School starts in two months...And I need to re-apply for the Summer courses.

I need more damn time.

1 comment:

  1. "I've also started fighting against the temptation of eating out - which I believe is the main source of the problem. I like cooking but after working all day it is hard to have the motivation to feel like cooking a meal. It also has not helped that I live within a few blocks of plenty of local restaurants. Smelling the delicious food in the air makes it so easy to just disregard my fridge and pick up some local cuisine. However, by cutting back on eating out, will not only make me healthier but also save me money."

    This is a problem I'm facing, although I don't have to worry about any health issues... yet. I have a feeling I'm going to wake up one morning in a couple years and my whole body will just fall apart. :P

    "I have been trying to exercise but again, I have fallen into the pattern of not having much time. On the average day, I have about three to six hours of time where I'm not working or sleeping. Within that brief window, I have to do everything I want to do and need to do. Like I said, there is too much..."

    I was just thinking this myself! It sucks. I think I get five hours to myself, if that. Eating, preparing for work, preparing for bed... Sucks a lot of time. I just hope my creativity doesn't leave me, as it takes energy to be creative -- as I'm sure you know.

    If you find a solution to this problem I would be very glad to hear it. :P

    ReplyDelete